Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Shilparamam Shopping on Valentine’s Day

My final day in India I was able to go shopping at a wonderful outdoor handicraft village where I found some fabulous treasures.  I met a previous team member Ajay and we spent the afternoon wandering through stalls, finding beautiful handmade items and a stone rock garden.  Ajay did all the bargaining for me but I probably would have paid full price for some of the items I purchased there.  I found colorful bangles, hand-drawn artwork, table runners and so many other things. 
                                                                                                                                 

Once we made our way through the shopping we enjoyed a nice walk around the rest of the grounds where we happened upon this stone rock garden.








All the trees were numbered so they could count them each year and make sure none went missing.




These swings were really neat. 

The ponds all had statues of some sort.  Like geese and a fisherman.

Ganesh on a Lotus Flower.

Kids were riding in the tea-cup type ride while the dogs laid in the shade and watched.

Another pond with statues.

Although these statues were overlooking Ganesh, an India God.


Paddle boat rides, anyone?  

The men on the left were setting up for an event, most likely a wedding.  The elephant was unfortunately a statue so I was unable to get a turn riding it around the grounds.

We could have stayed for a Puppet Show, but I had to get to work.

Palm tree, the weather was tropical.

No comments:

Post a Comment